Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Update 8-28-07

I wanted to give you a quick update on the cam. I have been working with collaborators to get the camera back on line after it was hit by lightening a second time. The good news is that it looks like it was the surge protector again did its job, but it died in the process. We have ordered a new one that we hope to install shortly.

On another note, I have been working on sending 60 egg samples to our lab from 23 species, including eagles. These samples will be run for 192 contaminants and I should have the results back in December.

You may want to also look at our new results on mercury in saltmarsh sparrows http://www.briloon.org/Embargoed_Final_SSTS_Report.pdf

Wing Goodale, BioDiversity Research Institute

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

08/28/07....Wing, Thank you again for up dating us. I am sure I am not the only one who has been eagerly waiting to hear. Glad it was the surge protector and not more. It was a very ugly lightening storm!!! Good article that you wrote and I can't imagine all of the hard work that went into that. Looking forwardi to watching our eagles again soon. I have missed our adult male ferciously. Bev

4:12 PM  
Blogger Tonya said...

8-28-07 9:47 pm

God Bless those surge protectors. Hopefully that is all it is. I read the article on the mercury in song birds, that NewCenter 6 wrote. Is that one of the projects you personally worked on this summer? It is such a shame that nothing is exempt from the mercury and other contaminates. Thank you for finally letting us know what is going on with the cam. Just knowing helps. Have a great day Wing. May we be watching the Eagles soon again. :)

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home